Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Google Summit - A Great Learning Opportunity

I just attended my second Google Educator Summit in Temecula (CA). I attended with several other teachers from my school and gained lots of good ideas. I am a strong believer in continuous learning and seek out opportunities to attend professional development events. These summits highlight Google Apps for Educators, but include several other cool learning topics.

This year I presented on how to use Google Maps in the classroom and then attended a follow up session by a member of the Google staff on ways to use Virtual Reality in the classroom. Google Cardboard and Expeditions have so much interesting potential! I will write about them in another post.

Other topics presented at the summit included: Google Classroom, Hyper Docs, Google Drawings, Soundtrap, Breakout Edu.

If you haven't been to a Google Summit, I highly encourage it. Yes it costs money, but there are also lots of FREE seminars for teachers out there!


Having a little fun with my fellow CHS teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment