Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hippies for a Day

Thanks to Dave Burgess and #tlap, I have added a new element to my teaching - dress up days! I don't know why I never thought about having Decade Days before now! It is so easy to select a day to focus on the attire, music, art, culture, etc of a decade.

Friday was a minimum day so I made it our Counterculture Day. Students were asked to dress in tie dye or like hippies. We listened to the music of Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, Country Joe and the Fish and Credence Clearwater Revival. Students were shown pictures and we also had a class debate on the draft after reading a couple of articles on the topic the previous day.

Next time I do this day, I want to add an activity to get students up and moving around. Because it was only a 40 minute class I felt rushed. Here are some pictures from the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment